I like to be well-prepared for Thanksgiving leftovers (my favorite!) so I baked up a batch of these easy, fluffy pumpkin milk buns – made with Organic Valley Grassmilk. They’re a really tasty option to serve for dinner rolls on turkey day, and they make the most delicious slider buns for a heaping Thanksgiving leftovers sandwich the next day. Get the full recipe below!
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- ½ Cup Organic Valley Grassmilk + 4 Tbsp. Grassmilk, divided
- 3 ½ Cups Flour + 2 Tbsp. Flour, divided
- 1 Packet of Instant Yeast
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ⅓ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Butter, Melted
- 1 Egg, plus more for egg wash
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 tablespoons of water, 4 tablespoons of Organic Valley Grassmilk, and 2 tablespoons of flour. Whisk together over medium heat for about 3 minutes, until sticky and well combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a stand mixer with a dough hook, combine ½ cup of Organic Valley Grassmilk, 3 ½ cups of flour, instant yeast, sugar, pumpkin puree, salt, melted butter, egg, and the warm flour mixture from the saucepan. Using the dough hook, combined the ingredients until a sticky dough forms.
- Roll dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover and rest the dough, allowing it rise for 1 hour.
- Cut the risen dough into 8 or 9 pieces, roll into balls and place in a lightly greased 9” round baking dish. Cover the dish and let the rolls rise for another 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat the top of the rolls with an egg wash. Bake rolls for 25 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Please note: This recipe was created in partnership with Organic Valley. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site.