This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BUBBA burger. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’m excited to be partnering with BUBBA burger on a tasty burger recipe series (check out the burger bar I made last month!) and we’re continuing our collaboration with a spring inspired burger recipe. Burgers get all the hype as a summer dish, but I have been thinking about how to bring in seasonal, spring flavors to my burger repertoire as the warm weather encourages me to break out the grill more often! This dish, a Swiss and leek burger, is my official burger of spring!BUBBA burger makes it super convenient to pull this idea together, from freezer to grill or skillet, they’re ready in about 10 minutes and they come in a variety of options to fit everyone’s food needs – beef, turkey and even plant-based/veggie burgers! I used the beef burger variety for this recipe, but I think the turkey and veggie varieties would also be delicious with the spring-inspired ingredients I used to top the burgers.
Before I grilled the BUBBA burgers, I prepared the caramelized leeks and shallots. Thinly sliced leeks and shallots are slowly sauteed and then caramelized for a sweet, mild, oniony flavor. I like to think of this burger as a fresh spin on the classic caramelized onion topping – and the addition of the swiss cheese with the BUBBA beef burger almost makes it taste like French onion soup!In addition to topping the burgers with the slowly caramelized sweet leeks and shallots, I reserved some of the leek and shallot mixture to mix with herbs and mayo, creating a decadent, flavorful spread to add to the burger buns. I used a pretzel burger bun for this dish, one of my favorites, to give a hearty texture and savory flavor to the final burger presentation. Get the recipe below! And PS: Click Here To Learn All About BUBBA
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- 2 Large Leeks, greens removed and thinly sliced
- 1 Large Shallot, finely sliced
- BUBBA burgers
- Swiss Cheese
- Pretzel Buns
- Spring Aioli:
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chives, minced
- 1 Tbsp of Pesto
- 1 Tbsp of Caramelized Leeks and Shallots
- 1 Roasted Garlic Clove
- ½ Cup of Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper
- Melt butter in a small pan and slowly cook the leeks and shallots until softened and caramelized.
- Make the spring aioli by combining fresh chive, pesto, 1 Tbsp. of the caramelized leeks and shallots, a roasted garlic clove and mayonnaise in a small food processor. Pulse until combined and season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to use.
- Grill the BUBBA burgers to your desired doneness; melt Swiss cheese and top with a heap of the remaining caramelized leeks and shallots during the final minute of cooking. Assemble the burger on a pretzel bun spread with spring aioli, and top with fresh arugula before serving.