It’s no secret that I love a good Trader Joe’s shortcut (see my frozen gnocchi recipes!). On a recent spin around my Trader Joe’s store, I was hunting for some Super Bowl snack inspiration and got an idea to dress up their frozen mini party meatballs. They’re delicious, crowd-pleasing, bite-sized meatballs (any mini frozen meatball will work!) and I spiced them up with a sauce that combines their Jalapeño sauce with some zesty ranch. They’re a fun alternative to the traditional buffalo chicken flavors we usually have during a Super Bowl viewing party, the jalapeño packs a spicy punch and the ranch gives it a cool balance. Just three simple ingredients that combine for a flavor-packed game day bite! Get the easy recipe below:
- Frozen Mini Meatballs
- Trader Joe's Jalapeño Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Chopped fresh cilantro and jalapeño slices, optional
- Thaw and cook the frozen meatballs in the oven until they're warmed through.
- While they're cooking, combined the Trader Joe's Jalapeño Sauce with an equal part of ranch dressing in a bowl. Stir together and taste; for a milder sauce add more ranch dressing, for a spicier version add more jalapeño sauce.
- Toss the warmed meatballs with the Jalapeño-ranch sauce, and garnish with fresh cilantro and jalapeño slices. Serve immediately.