I have lived in New England for 20 (!) years but did you know I’m originally a New Yorker? This fact usually comes up when the topic of pizza is on the table, as it’s one of my most passionate facets of my New Yorker birthright. There’s a few pizza places near where I grew up that make these tasty little bite sized pizza rolls. They’re made from pizza dough, usually stuffed with pepperoni and cheese, and perfect for dipping in warm marinara sauce. One bite of these and I’m back home. I’ve been craving them lately and decided to make my own at home ahead of Super Bowl snack celebrations, and tested them in my air fryer for an extra speedy cooking time of just about 10 minutes. Get the recipe below, and give it a save for the big game!
- Fresh Pizza Dough
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Pizza Seasoning
- Fresh Parsley, for garnish, optional
- Divide the ball of pizza dough into about 6 equal sized pieces (about 3oz each) and roll out into thin, flat circles.
- Spread about 2tsp of marinara sauce onto the dough, top with 3-4 slices of pepperoni, and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Fold two edges of the pizza dough into the center to wrap the fillings up, pinching the dough to seal it together well. Repeat for all remaining pieces of dough.
- Lightly drizzle the pizza rolls with olive and sprinkle with the pizza seasoning of your choice.
- Place the pizza rolls into the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling with cheese.
- Remove from air fryer and serve hot with marinara sauce on the side for dipping, garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
SHOP THE POST