We aren’t very big on appetizers at Thanksgiving, because the main event is such an event, but one or two little bites might be passed out to keep everyone huddled around the coffee table instead of buzzing around the kitchen for a taste! These mini baked brie pie bites are as simple as can be, and you can tweak the recipe to work with ingredients you have on hand. You can take some leftover pie dough from you holiday pies (or pre-made is fine!), and cut them into small discs to fit inside a mini-muffin tin. Then you just top fill them with a slice of brie, a jam or fruit butter of your choice (I use homemade pumpkin butter from my cookbook, but apple butter or a berry jam work too!), then finish them off with a pecan. Bake them for just a few minutes and they’ll come out of the oven ooey-gooey and oh so delicious. Get the full recipe below:
- 1 Package of pre-made pie dough
- 8 oz Brie, cut into 1" pieces
- Jam, Jelly or Fruit butter of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out your pie dough and cut into 2.5" circles using a cookie cutter or the top of a glass, repeat until you have about 24 pieces.
- Take the pie dough discs and fit them into a mini-muffin tin.
- Top each pie dough piece with a slice of brie, about ½ tsp of your jam or fruit butter, and a pecan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees; remove from oven and cool slightly before transferring to a plate and serving warm.
SHOP THE POST
Kate – these look so good. Is it possible to Bush’s them at home and and reheat them later in the microwave.
You can definitely make them ahead of time and then just warm them in the oven for a few minutes — I actually made them for a recent party and served them more room-temp and they were still really tasty!