One of my favorite parts of this time of year is kicking off grilling season; there is no better way to quickly pull together a tasty dinner or quick appetizer! My friends at Martha Stewart Living challenged me this grilling season to think beyond the cheese board and create a delicious grilling recipe with one of my favorite entertaining staples: Boursin® Cheese. With Memorial Day coming up, I’ve been thinking about tasty party dishes that bring in bright fresh ingredients, and this was the perfect opportunity to create a new recipe for my holiday weekend menu.I created a simple dish that takes inspiration from a Panzanella salad. My version is a deconstructed take on this summery dish and served in a toast form. I started by giving rustic bread a toasty char on my grill – those pretty grill lines make for an eye-popping presentation! Then I topped the grilled bread slices with a thick spread of Boursin®Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese for tons of flavor and texture. Finally, I finished the toasts off with a fresh, seasonal tomato and vegetable salad and a sprinkle of chopped herbs.The recipe works beautifully as a vibrant side dish to serve along grilled steak or chicken. It can also be made with smaller, bite-sized toasts for a simple and beautiful passed appetizer to serve at summer parties. I know this dish will be a staple on my menu for many upcoming al fresco events this summer! You can see more of my entertaining tips to think beyond the cheese board with Boursin® Cheese in the May issue of Martha Stewart Living (on newsstands now!) – and you can find the full recipe for this dish below:
- Boursin® Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese
- 1.5 Cups Tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ Cup of Cucumber, diced
- ¼ Cup of Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- ⅛ Cup of Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Chives
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Slices of Rustic, Crusty Bread
- Salt and Pepper
- In a bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, yellow bell pepper, red onion, chives and parsley. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. While grill is heating, slice bread into ¾” slices; brush lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the bread directly on the grill grates to toast for about 1-2 minutes on each side; remove and set aside to cool slightly.
- Spread Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs cheese on each grilled toast and top with one quarter of the tomato mixture. Garnish with additional fresh herbs before serving.
Please note: This post was created in partnership with Martha Stewart Living and Boursin Cheese. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site!
Kate, this looks so so yummy! I love Boursin and I love Panzanella! Need to make this summer!