Please note: This post was created in partnership with Coleman Natural. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site.
Spending lots of weekends at home this winter (for obvious reasons!) has gotten me on an inspired snack-kick. I love thinking up new recipes for hearty appetizers to make while watching movies or football or hanging out around the fireplace. My friends at Coleman Natural shared their No Sugar Bacon with me, and it inspired this easy snack that’s packed with flavor: crispy bacon wrapped potatoes with chives and ranch dressing.The Coleman Natural No Sugar Bacon is a great choice for those New Year’s promises to eat better ingredients! It contains no added nitrates or nitrites, no artificial preservatives, or ingredients, and it also received the Parent Tested Parent Approved Seal of Approval! Coleman Natural Foods produces all-natural meats, 100% crate free and with no antibiotics or added hormones. All the good stuff! Most importantly, it tastes great (the applewood smoked flavor is yum!) and I love how it cooked very evenly when wrapped around the potatoes. Assembling the dish is easy, you start by making sure all the potatoes are about the same size and then par-cooking them in salted, boiling water. After they’re fork-tender, you remove them and cool them slightly so you can season them and then wrap them up with slices of the Coleman Natural No Sugar Bacon. They get arranged on a wire baking rack over a rimmed baking sheet (this helps drip off any excess fat and get the bacon really crispy – YUM!) and baked. Once they’re fully cooked, you can serve with your favorite ranch dressing and crispy, green fresh chives. Whenever I share recipes at the new year, I get lots of requests for specialty diets. This recipe can be made paleo thanks to the Coleman Natural No Sugar Bacon, just serve it with a paleo ranch dressing for dipping. Another fun tip for serving them: use a deviled egg dish to display the small potatoes, it’ll keep them from rolling around! I love the idea of making this recipe for small winter gatherings, they’re fun as an appetizer or even as a side dish to serve along a simple steak and some sautéed spinach. I am also going to save this recipe for football Sundays, it’s a crowd-pleaser and simple to make! Get the full recipe below:
- 1-pound small red potatoes, sorted or cut into 1” pieces
- Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 pound Coleman Natural No Sugar Bacon
- Ranch Dressing of your choice, for serving
- Fresh Chives, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- Clean your potatoes and cut any larger ones into 1” pieces; add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes, until they’re fork-tender.
- Drain and let them cool slightly. Toss the cooled potatoes with a light drizzle of olive oil and season with garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Cut the Coleman Natural No Sugar Bacon slices in half, and wrap one around each potato, tucking the ends underneath. Arrange them on an oven-safe wire baking rack over rimmed baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes, until bacon is golden and crispy.
- Serve the cooked, bacon-wrapped potatoes on a tray with ranch dressing for dipping and fresh chives.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Coleman Natural.