I’m slicing into this veggie-packed lasagna recipe for dinner – made with ultra-delicious layers of bechamel sauce thanks to a post I shared over on Instagram today with New England Dairy. Each layer of this lasagna has a ribbon of creamy white béchamel sauce between lasagna noodles, tons of tasty cooked veggies, and fresh local mozzarella. Get the full recipe below!
- Lasagna Noodles
- 4 Tbsp of Butter, divided
- 3 Cups of Spinach
- 1 Cup of Broccoli, finely chopped
- ½ Cup of Mushrooms, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup of Carrots, minced
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp of Flour
- 2 Cups of Whole Milk
- ¼ Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare lasagna noodles as directed to al dente, set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauté pan and add the spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, and garlic cloves to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until all the vegetables are softened. Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and whisk in the flour. Cook for 1 minutes, until the flour is fully incorporated. Then whisk in the milk, continuously stirring until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat and whisk in the parmesan cheese and season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble your lasagna layers in an 8x8 or 7x10 baking dish, alternating the lasagna noodles, bechamel sauce, more lasagna noodles, and veggie mixture until all the ingredients are used up. Top with fresh mozzarella slices and cover with foil. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the mozzarella is melted and bubbling. Let the lasagna sit for 5 minutes before slicing, serve with fresh basil on top.
Please note: This post was created for a partnership with New England Dairy on my Instagram page. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site.