One of the things I learned quickly with my own garden was how important it was to keep pollinators happy! My friends at Little Leaf Farms are always on the forefront of creating more sustainable growing practices and I love that they worked with Best Bees to install a hive at their MA-based greenhouse to help protect and expand the dwindling bee population and keep the ecosystem surrounding the greenhouse healthy. (Be sure to check out this past post from when I got to visit the greenhouse and learn all about the Little Leaf Farms growing process and sustainability efforts!). The added bonus of course is some delicious local honey from the beehive!I wanted to create a honey inspired recipe to highlight this great collaboration and mixed up a Chipotle Honey Lime Vinaigrette to use as a salad dressing and marinade for summery grilled shrimp. The Little Leaf Farms Baby Spring Mix has peppery arugula and the new addition of mizuna that are a perfect balance to the sweet and tangy honey lime dressing. Get the recipe below:
- ½ Cup of Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup of Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp. of Honey
- 1 Tsp. of Dijon
- ½ Tsp of Chipotle paste
- ½ Tsp. of Cumin
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Little Leaf Farms Baby Spring Mix
- Salad Toppings of your choice: : tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers, corn, avocado, tortilla crisps, etc.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl or jar and whisk vigorously, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use half of the vinaigrette to marinate fresh, cleaned shrimp for 5 minutes.
- Grill the shrimp and serve them atop a bed of Little Leaf Farms salad greens, and toppings of your choice: tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, corn, avocado, tortilla crisps, etc.
- Drizzle the salad ingredients with the remaining vinaigrette and serve.
Please note: This post was created in paid partnership with Little Leaf Farms. All opinions, images and content are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support this site.