Pop of poppyseed.

It’s sad that took me almost a week after I finished painting in my bedroom to get enough natural light to take a good picture of the results! But the rain clouds finally parted and now I can share with you how my weekend project turned out:

Painting the wall behind my bed was so gratifying. $14 worth of paint, one Saturday of work, and it totally transformed the room. I love the color;┬áit’s called Poppyseed, and looks just like it sounds… a near black hue with hints of navy blue.

Here is what the room looked like before, major blah:

And for fun… one more stellar “after”:

Checking one project off the list of course means I’m just thinking about I want to do next… lamp upgrades, a new duvet, and perhaps some art above the bed? I’m never finished!

14 responses to “Pop of poppyseed.

1. Beth November 15, 2010 at 8:27 am

I’m never finished, either… it drives my husband nuts. :)

The paint looks GREAT! A perfect hue and I think it makes a total difference in the room. I wouldn’t hang anything above the bed — I think the sloping ceiling could make it feel cramped? But then again, it’s your room, so do what makes you happy!

Love your blog. Nice work!

2. LindsB November 15, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Oh what a perfect color!! The new paint totally makes the whole room- I love this!

3. domestikatedlife November 15, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Aw thanks for the nice comments ladies!

4. Chedva @ belly's button November 15, 2010 at 12:59 pm

It totally makes the room! Love the navy undertone in the color… it looks so cozy now!

5. Navya November 15, 2010 at 2:00 pm

OMG! It looks so good, It makes the whole room look so much different – and way to be brave using such a Dark color, because it turned out fantastic.

6. Taz November 15, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I think it would look fantastic with a sunburst mirror above the bed!

7. Design Darling November 15, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Love that color (and the name!) and have the same lamp on my bedside table!

8. rhianna November 15, 2010 at 3:42 pm

That color looks great! I love it!

9. Chic for Cheap November 15, 2010 at 8:20 pm

I totally agree with Taz, that would look so chic!

10. Andrea S. November 15, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Looks awesome, so inspiring! Throw a red throw pillow/blanket in there!

11. royaltygirl November 16, 2010 at 10:59 am

That is a great transformation! I love the color, It really makes the space 100% more cozy and stylin!

12. jillian November 16, 2010 at 5:51 pm

oh kate – well done! i have a similar project in scope… but sadly i feel like it will take forever to get done. i am aiming for before christmas, we’ll see! and no, of course, design work is never done! keep posting you beautiful little blogger you! :)

13. Lindsey November 17, 2010 at 3:37 pm

What a delightful do-over! Dramatic difference, LOVE IT! I love before and afters!

14. pam November 22, 2010 at 1:06 am

wow, what a difference. love it! isnt’ it amazing what a little paint can do. pam