I’m feeling like I’m on a little vacation this week with my work wrapping up for the year and my last book signing of the holiday season behind. And since this feeling is so very rare for me, I’m all about having a festive little cocktail to celebrate. I mixed up this tasty seasonal drink that can be made in a small batch to share with a few friends. The ginger ale and apple cider give it both sweetness and bite that balance the bourbon flavors, and I’ve garnished it to the max with cranberries, rosemary, and a fragrant orange peel. Get the full recipe below, and cheese!
- Juice of one orange, plus orange peel for garnish
- ¾ Cup of Bourbon
- 1.5 Cups of Apple Cider
- 12-ounce can of Ginger Ale
- Cranberries and Rosemary, for garnish
- Fill four glasses with ice.
- In a pitcher combine the juice of one orange, bourbon, apple cider, and ginger ale. Stir to combine and divide the drink among the four iced glasses.
- Garnish with orange peels, cranberries and rosemary sprigs.