There is something so exciting about a simple recipe that works, and this one is as simple as it gets: just 5 ingredients and takes about 10 minutes from start to finish. These “homemade” Orange Cinnamon Glazed Donuts are made from store-bought flaky biscuit dough, stamped with a donut cutter, and quickly cooked in the air fryer. When they come out, they get a flavorful, buttery glaze with orange-cinnamon notes. It’s such a quick way to get a special fall-flavored treat on the table for breakfast. Get the easy recipe below:
Orange Cinnamon Glazed Air Fryer Donuts.
Serves: 16 Donuts
- 2 Cans of Flaky Biscuit Dough
- ¼ Cup of Confectioners’ Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, Melted
- 1 Tbsp. of Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- Cut the biscuit dough into a donut shape using a donut cutter (or a small bottle cap to push a hole in the center). Save the centers and use them to make donut holes.
- Cooking in batches, places the donuts inside the air fryer set to 350 degrees. Cook for approximately 6 minutes in total, flipping the donuts halfway through. (Donut holes should only take about 4 minutes in total).
- While the donuts cook, combine confectioners’ sugar, melted butter, orange juice and cinnamon in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush the donuts with the orange-cinnamon glaze and serve immediately.
SHOP THE POST
I’m wondering if anyone has substituted apple juice or cider for orange juice for the Fall? I had some warm apple cinnamon donuts at an inn and can’t forget them!
I love that idea, bet it would work great!