I am recovering from the bonanza of calories that came with testing my Super Bowl recipes and have this meal in mind for a healthy-option to get me back on track! One-pan meals have so much appeal to me for weeknight dinners because I know the second we finish eating it’s a race to get the kitchen cleaned up, and start Jane’s bedtime routine. Anything that I can do to cut down on the clean up process is a huge win. I’m also a fan of these sheet pan type meals because they use up leftover vegetables from other recipes. A half an onion, a few pieces of broccoli – whatever I have in the veggie-drawer can get tossed on the pan and roasted with seasoning for tons of flavor that elevates the produce leftovers.This sheet pan recipe combines a lot of the flavors in a sausage, peppers and onions dish, but has a hearty twist with the addition of potatoes and mushrooms. I toss all of the ingredients with a just a bit of olive oil, fresh parsley, garlic and other seasonings. You can mix and match the vegetables in this dish to fit the ingredients your family likes, add or remove other vegetables to make it work for you! It also easily doubles for a bigger batch that can be reheated for lunches – just spread it across two sheet pans so that the ingredients have room to roast. Get the full recipe below (and PS: these are my go-to sheet pans!):
- 3 Bell Peppers (Red, Orange, Yellow), thinly sliced
- ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1.5 Cups of Broccoli Florets
- 1.5 Cups of Mushrooms, quartered
- 2 Cups of New Potatoes, quartered
- 4 Sweet Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 2 Tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. of Fresh Parsley, plus more for garnish
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tsp. of Oregano
- 1 Tsp. of Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a large sheet pan, arrange thinly sliced peppers and onions, broccoli florets, mushrooms, and small potatoes.
- Remove sweet Italian sausage from casing and drop in small pieces on top of the veggies.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, fresh parsley, garlic, oregano and paprika. Drizzle the herb and oil mixture over the vegetables and sausage.
- Season the ingredients well with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 35 minutes; tossing halfway through the cooking time with a large spatula.
- Remove from oven and garnish with additional fresh parsley before serving.
YESSS! Love a simple, easy, flavor packed meal!